- The third SNES game Kishin Douji Zenki 3 - Tenchi Meidou,
- the Game Gear game Kishin Douji Zenki and
- the NEC PC-FX game Kishin Douji Zenki FX - Vajura Fight.
Were you searching for one of the following antagonists?
Origin of the Shitennou
- The Shitennou (四天王 or Shiten'nō), which translate as the "Four Heavenly Kings", are a set of gods who govern the cardinal directions in the Buddhist Religion.
Spelling and Pronounciation
- The Shitennou are commonly misspelled as the "Shitenou", due to the second "n" in their name being omitted by either sheer mistake or due to the different Kanji writing in other languages.
- The Shitennou are pronounciated as "Shiten no", due to the Japanese "ō" or "ou" being pronounciated as a drawn out "o".
Shitennou and Akuma
- The Shitennou are the original manga counterparts of the anime's Akuma
- This becomes notable when the reader compares their goals and their titles with the Akuma's goals and their translated names
What happened to Marubasu?
- Despite what it seems like, Marubasu from Vajura Fight is not a member of the Shitennou!
The game features him as major villain that is later reused as a minor foe in the manga, where he becomes a Hyouijuu that is easily dispatched by Great Demon God Zenki.
The only affiliation Marubasu has to the Shitennou is, that he gets transformed by the Hyouinomi, that were sent out by the Inugami.
The individual Shitennou
Hiki the Black Tortoise
Chimaru the Vermilion Phoenix
Dokuro Sou the Blue Dragon
Kimon the White Tiger